As award-winning former journalists with years of coaching experience in many industries, we’ve been on both sides of a crisis.
We’re uniquely able to help organizations develop and implement crisis communications strategies based on their individual needs.
Our work includes:
Crisis Communication Plans – Working with the client’s communications leaders, we develop a workable plan to communicate with key audiences during a crisis. We also review existing plans to be sure they address site-specific issues.
Crisis Simulation Workshops – Practice is essential to successful implementation of any crisis communication plan. Our realistic crisis scenario simulations connect operational crisis plans with communications strategy to help executives communicate effectively with all stakeholders under challenging circumstances. Workshops are planned closely with the client’s communications leaders and can be tailored to any topic, group size or duration.
Crisis Management – We are available around the clock for consultation during any crisis. Through immediate phone calls, we help determine strategy, develop messages, anticipate reporter questions and rehearse media interviews.
Individual Coaching – Designed for a spokesperson who wants or needs assistance that is highly individualized, focused on a specific crisis, or more intensive than in our typical crisis workshop.
Key Success Factors
Our work with clients and their crisis management teams – from CEOs and CPAs to physicians and plant managers – focuses on the three critical elements that can significantly influence the outcome of a crisis:
- How clearly the company or organization understands their internal and external audiences and objectives – and the risks they may need to address
- How consistently they prepare for a crisis, integrate with other departments and connect to other geographies
- How confidently they manage the crisis and its aftermath
Each crisis workshop or plan is developed in conjunction with the client’s communications leaders to address specific organizational concerns, audiences, situations and logistics. We integrate communications with existing security, emergency response, business continuity and compliance plans – all aimed at fostering consistency throughout the organization.
We can personalize content to include:
- Crisis Communications Risk Assessment
- Developing a Crisis Communications Plan
- Integrating Communications into Operational Crisis Plans
- Crisis Response Training
- Spokesperson Coaching
- Crisis Simulation Workshops
- Crisis Training at Multiple Locations
Crisis Coaching Examples
We have customized and successfully delivered these comprehensive, interactive and engaging programs to clients across the country. Our crisis coaching has included:
- Training a global defense contractor’s executive leaders to handle a crisis through a surprise simulation
- Preparing strategies and messaging for a large manufacturer’s planned plant closing
- Developing a crisis communications plan for a multi-site healthcare provider
- Creating a communications game plan and training key leaders as a large organization announced bankruptcy
- Working with a large transportation company’s chief executive and managers to prepare for a worst-case accident
- Helping a nonprofit organization manage financial wrongdoing from one of its board members.
What Our Clients Say:
- "Enjoyed the ‘real-life’ simulation of the crisis management. Videotaping and following discussion was very informative as well."
- “Having a plan as to what steps take place and where to set up a command center makes is easier to focus on the crisis at hand rather than dealing with administrative details.”
- "Practicing responses to the tougher questions that might be posed in such a crisis situation will certainly be beneficial if confronted with a similar situation in real life."
- “Thank you for the privilege of attending this training.”